The purpose of the Foundation activities shall consist in accumulating funds and other material resources for supporting the Lviv Museum of Folk Architecture and Rural Life (hereinafter referred to as the LMFARL), promoting the development of the museum as an institution, preserving the museum’s collection, facilities and monuments of wooden architecture, providing the museum with necessary materials, attracting public attention to the issues of museology, creating the required conditions for the professional development and growth of the LMFARL’s employees, making the LMFARL popular among professional experts and the public, cooperating with similar local and foreign institutions.
The Foundation’s spheres of activities shall be the following ones:
1) Folk construction and architecture;
2) Ethnography and folklore;
3) Folklore culture;
4) Folklore handicrafts;
5) Folklore traditions, customs and ceremonies;
6) Science and scientific research;
7) Landscaping and softscaping on the territory of the museum;
8) Ecology, environmental protection and protection of animals;
9) Culture and art, protection of cultural heritage;
10) Promotion of the implementation of state, regional, local and international programs aimed at improving the social and cultural as well as economic situation in Ukraine;
11) Development of international cooperation in Ukraine.